Thursday, November 14, 2013

Last Weeks Photos

Here we are at another QBee Thursday and I have not gotten around to posting last weeks photos. 

Here you go!

Gladys made this quilt for her son Earl.  Earl has the best sweet corn I have ever eaten!.  This was a Thimbleberrie quilt kit out of flannel.  I think I could curl up under it.


It is quilted with  the Simplicity Pantograph with Baguette thread.

Gladys worked on the backing for her Grinch quilt.  I love how she matched up the pattern.




Momma Barb is working on this quilt for her son-in-law Ron, who would be Barbie's husband.  Here it is without borders.

Adding the borders and pressing...



and, top complete!

MommaBarb will be looking for backing this weekend!

Momma Barb continues to work on the border blocks for her Snake River quilt.  She thought she only needed 24, but realized she was making the queen size and needed 32.   No worries, they are done!


Gina's granddaughter will be having a birthday soon.  She made this adorable Hungry Caterpillar quilt! 



I quilted this with a freehand loopie meander using white thread. 

OK, this is what I am working on now.  You know I love Bonnie Hunter and all the wonderful patterns she has to offer.  All of us who follow her blog, know her brother has had surgery for a brain tumor.  Bonnie frantically pieced a Scrappy Majestic Mountain quilt for him.  Knowing I had a Rubbermaid  container full of homespun fabric I knew I would have to make one too!

Here is the container AFTER I was done cutting out the squares need for the quilt.  I don't know why I didn't take a BEFORE picture :(



My choices for the quilt.


I will admit it took me three tries to get this block right.  It really helps if you read the directions.

I am using one background fabric because there is enough of it.


All the square stacked with background and cut on the diagonal.  All ready for sewing to commence.  I think this is a interesting picture.


While cutting for SMM, I cut squares for another Rag Quilt, not a no sew throw as I had said before.  You all knew what I was talking about though!  I have the perfect recipient for it too!  There is still a few more pieces of yardage to take care of.



When all was said and done, these are the trimmed leftovers.  I have an idea for a quilt to use these pieces up too.  Too many ideas, too little time.


I am looking forward to another delightful day with the QBees.  The heat is on!

2 comments:

  1. I started a Scrappy Majestic Mountains quilt myself because of the same post! Mine is being made from a bag of 8.5" squares a friend gifted me. There are probably enough squares to make 4 or 5 quilts in that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all inspire me sew much! Everyone's projects are amazing…to be surrounded by such talent and progress must feel wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete