Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

When my children were growing up, we always read the book, "And the Snow Kept Falling."  Yesterday was that kind of day.  It started out slow and not sticking, but around 3:00 p.m. it started to accumulate and make driving a challenge.  I had no trouble on the roads, but saw two cars in the ditch on my way home.  I was never so happy to be home, safe and sound.

This is what we woke up to this morning! 
All the schools are cancelled which gives everyone an extended holiday vacation.  Our local school districts take the Monday after Thanksgiving off for Deer Gun Season! 
It's wonderful living in the country!

 Taken from my breezeway.

 That is ICE on the road!!

Gus just loves the snow. 
 
 
 

 Such a silly dog!  He has been whining all day to go outside.
 


 It is just so beautiful.  Of course I don't have to go out in it if I don't want to.  I think I'll stay in and make ginger snap cookies!


These last two photos were taken from my kitchen window.  It is a very snowy wintry day in my corner of Coshocton County.
The chili is in the crock pot and I found a recipe for gluten free cornbread.  I'll give it a try after the cookies are done.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my followers!  I am grateful for your support and friendship.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow makes quilting a lot more cozy! You're lucky there are a few states between us!! Chili and cookies....mmmmmmm!!! Have a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had as much snow as we did up here in northern Ohio, and I know you love snow as much as Gus! He looks so happy rolling around. Happy 1st day of Celtic Solstice.

    ReplyDelete